Having an acrylic roof at your home is a great way to add a stylish touch to your home’s exterior while also providing protection from the elements. Over time, though, your roof can become dirty and stained from weathering, debris, and more. Luckily, cleaning an acrylic roof is a fairly simple process that only requires a few supplies.
Continue reading to learn how to clean an acrylic roof yourself!
What You’ll Need
- A hose with a sprayer attachment
- A soft-bristled brush (preferably attached to a pole)
- Mild dish soap
- A ladder (if needed)
The Steps Towards A Clean Acrylic Roof
- Begin by using your hose to spray down the entire surface of your roof. This will help to remove any loose dirt, dust, or debris that is on the surface.
- Next, mix together a solution of mild dish soap and water.
- Using your soft-bristled brush (attached to a pole if possible), scrub the surface of your roof with the soapy water mixture. Be sure to focus on any areas that seem especially dirty or stained.
- Once you’ve scrubbed the entire roof, use your hose to rinse off the soap and dirt.
- Allow your roof to air dry completely before using it again.
And that’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily clean your acrylic roof and keep it looking like new. We advise cleaning your roof every few months to prevent the build-up of dirt, debris, and stains. This will make cleaning your acrylic roof easier to do and will help to extend its lifespan.
What Not To Do When Cleaning Your Acrylic Roof
Now that you know how to clean your acrylic roof, there are a few things you should avoid doing in order to keep it looking its best.
First, never use a pressure washer on your acrylic roof as this can damage the surface. Additionally, be sure to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as these can also damage or discolor your roof.
If you have any stubborn stains or buildup, you can try using a non-abrasive cleaner meant for tougher jobs. If this doesn’t work, we recommend contacting a professional roof cleaner for assistance.
Sunspace Texas – Helping Homes One Roof At a Time
If you’re looking for help with building a patio or pergola in the Houston/Austin/Dallas area, look no further than Sunspace Texas. Our team of experts can help you design and build the perfect outdoor living space for your home. Contact us today to get started!